Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Not Easy Being Green

Hi Readers,
 It’s been a busy week here in Kerri’s Kitchen. My Green Monster Challenge has gone very well and I have a new found love and appreciation of my Magic Bullet Blender.   

A Green smoothie in the morning is just as energizing as a cup of coffee. In keeping with my St. Patrick’s Day inspired green theme I experimented with some interesting vegetables and some health conscious recipes. 



I made, baked herb chicken breasts and crispy kale chips.  The baked chicken was successful and tasted great. 
One minor issue as the stove decided to kiss me when I wanted to baste the chicken.  The lesson here, take the chicken out of the stove and then baste it. 

I was amazed that even a two second bump into a 400 degree oven leaves a nasty blister.  My Mom told me it will be the first of many injuries in my cooking journey. 
The proof that my oven tried to kiss me.

Degree of Difficulty: 4
Execution: 2 
(the burn on my arm clearly brought down my execution score)


 The Kale Chips were unique.  I had 4 cups of kale to use up so I made a large batch of chips.  They were very tasty out of the roaster but got soggy quickly.  A cool cooking experiment but I don’t think I will be making these again.  
Kale washed and prepared

Degree of Difficulty: 2
Execution: 2 
Crispy Kale Chips


















 Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

  1. Kerri, you are doing a wonderful job with your cooking I am so proud of you...keep up the good work I too have lots of scars from the oven, just a part of learning....love Brenda

    ReplyDelete