Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chili Time!

Happy Spring Forward Day Blog Readers, 

On Thursday evening I made my Mom's chili.  A favorite recipe that I have wanted to try for some time.  I followed her written out instructions and it turned out fabulous.  

I had some vegetables left over in my fridge, I cut them up and through them in the chili.  A deviation from the recipe but it gave it a little extra kick.  


The Basic Recipe:
Fry Ground Beef  - season with Heinz seasoning
Add Onion to Skillet or Roaster
Turn stove off and add green pepper, can of kidney beans, can of pork and beans, Heinz Chili Sauce, and a can of petite cut tomatoes.
Stir Stir Stir  
Bake in oven for  hour at 350 





Enough Chili to last me well into Spring! 



Degree of Difficulty: 3
Execution: 3 (Perfect)
Bon Appétit!

3 comments:

  1. looking good Kerri and it freezes well too. Yum. There are lots of variations of chili but as you know this is our favorite. you can add chili powder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kerri,

    I love your Mom's chile but with a little kick I am sure it will be distinctly yours, I can hardly wait.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Chili looks ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Good work Kerri!

    J

    ReplyDelete