Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Art of Entertaining

 Presenting: The “Art” of Entertaining Series

This series is dedicated to my marvellous Aunties and my Mom.  They have inspired me throughout my life. They are domestic divas who can entertain effortlessly. 

As true diva's when Mom, Carol, Brenda and Marnie are entertaining:  their houses are spotless and their smiles bright and welcoming. They invite you in to enjoy crisp appetizers as they keep the wine flowing.  The main courses are scrumptious, unique and served hot. Dinner is always followed with coffee and tea and delicious dessert . 

 In learning to cook and entertain I have gained a new respect for these lovely ladies.  ENTERTAINING is HARD!! There are so many elements to piece together and timing is everything.  (clean house, cute outfit, pretty hair, setting the table, cutting the appetizer,  getting the chilled wine, cooking, keeping it warm and serving it.. YIKES)

A Pre-Christmas Dinner at My Auntie Carols
 Cheers to my Auntie's and my Mom.  I will continue to look to you  for inspiration as I conquer the fine art of being a hostess with the most.  

Please enjoy this ongoing series as I master my entertaining skills. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kerri, your aunts still cant get into the blog but will keep trying. You will be a great cook keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete