Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Touched by "An Angel Food Cake"

Happy Wednesday
 It was a slippery and rainy day here in Edmonton.   So after work I decided to lighten things up with some baking.

My new baking tools. 
 The extension cord for my block heater had gone missing so I had to take a trip to Canadian Tire.  I used the trip to Canadian Tire as an excuse to buy some new baking equipment.  I invested in a new mixer, mixing bowls and measuring cups.  

Baking has always been a challenge for me.  Past attempts have resulted in minor cupcake fires and flour facials. It almost seems like it might take divine intervention for my baking attempts to be successful.  So I had a little faith and decided to bake an Angel Food Cake.

Will Angels will prevent this cake from falling!
 Let the Baking Begin
The batter formed nicely with the use of my new 250 watt mixer.  It was light and fluffy.  I was challenged as I poured the batter into the Angel Food Pan as it wanted to seep out the bottom.  I called my Angel Network (My Mom) for support and she walked me through it.  The timer on my microwave decided to stop working about 10 minutes after I put the cake in the oven.  So I had to watch the cake and use my intuition. After a very tense 45 minutes and cooling time I had a beautiful cake!

Degree of Difficulty 3
Execution 2 ( Some of the sides of the cake collapsed a little)
Batter Up

Rise Rise Rise
Presenting My Angel Food Cake!
                                                                          

 Bon Appetit
KW

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Kerri, keep it up.. angel food cake is so yummy. Put some fruit on that and away you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I love that you blogged about making a box cake because you know what, sometimes box cakes are little buggers and even they don't turn out perfectly. Good job on it friend!
    love Talia

    ReplyDelete