Monday, January 31, 2011

A Fun Frosted Day with Family

Greeting from Chef Kerri,

I am a day behind on my weekly Sunday lesson/ blog.  I didn't get into the kitchen yesterday as I spent a day out at the farm with Jason, Tracy, Marian, Tyler and their delightful children.   There is nothing quite like spending quality time with your cousins in the chill of January.  Although I didn't cook there was plenty of great food and excellent lessons to learn.

Owen was very helpful and Swiffered right under the table.
The day started bright and early at 8:30am as I headed out to the farm from the city.  I had to give up my sleep in day but it was worth it.  The brunch featured great coffee, waffles, eggs, toast, fresh fruit and an elk steak.  I didn't eat the Elk Steak but it certainly made me appreciate how awesome my cousins are.  My kitchen lesson from breakfast is as follows: food brings people together, creates warmth and inspires communication. 

The highlight other than the farm hospitality and exceptional food was Jason and Tyler's signature beer and orange juice.  Now that is a breakfast drink of champions!

A busy kitchen full of clever Ward's
I was lucky enough to get to spend the entire day with the family.  
We went to Zumba, went skating on the pond in the back yard and exchanged recipes.  I have several of Tracey's that I am eager to try.  They include her butter chicken, and her stuffed chicken breasts.

We all enjoyed a great  2008  Cab Sav called Fat Bastard with dinner.  Red Wine always makes me feel nostalgic and it was great to have the opportunity to share all my fond memories with Ty and Jay.  I managed to remember all  kinds of stories from our days in Walsh Acres.  Sadly 24 hours later I can't remember much about are discussions from last night.  Basically when I was little I thought they were both pretty darn cool, they are still pretty darn cool and have amazing wives. 

The night ended with a game of Rummi (that was a lesson all in it's self)  The movieVampires Suck and a  lonely chilly drive back to Edmonton.  It was awesome to share such a wonderful Sunday with my family. 
Ethan enjoying some of Auntie Tracey's yummy batter

 Owen is a charming  little chatter box, he takes after me :)









 

No comments:

Post a Comment