Monday, January 31, 2011

Sweet Orange Chicken - Part Two

Monday, Monday, Monday.. it least my kitchen was happy to see me,

So as I unpacked my groceries my kitchen greeted me with a sense of optimism and hope.  After 28 years my kitchen is now home to flour and brown sugar.  I felt very proud that I finally have these two staples in my cupboards.

The recipe was pretty easy to follow but a little finicky. My electric skillet was little small for stir frying and wok purposes.  I had to improvise when combining the sauce vegetables and chicken and put them into a pot on the stove.

Improvised Stir Fry

One Handy Skillet
Sizzle Sizzle

The chicken and the sauce was very tasty. Not my favorite but it wasn't to bad.    I did however have some issues with the Uncle Ben's instant rice.  That was a "Kerri" moment.  So what's the trick to cooking Uncle Ben's in the microwave? I missed the memo on that one. 

Rice or Rice Soup?












Here's my next question to the experts: When cooking with raw chicken and washing the dish in the sink how do ensure that the water is hot enough to kill the bacteria?

Degree of Difficulty 4
Execution 3 (I'm not counting the rice)

Bon Appetit, till next time :)
Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Washing tip that I devised myself.....wash the chicken stuff first in hot water with a splash of bleach and dish soap. Rinse off well. Once that stuff is cleaned, clean out your sink and run water for regular dish washing.

    Love the blog and your sweet undertaking!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete