Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken Parmigiana

It's a sunny Sunday here in Edmonton and a great day to try a new recipe.  My mom suggested that I make the Chicken Parmigiana on page 170.  I was a little nervous as this required the use of both my stove as well as my electric skillet.   After watching an episode of the next great baker and a quick trip to Superstore to pick up a glass baking dish I felt confident and ready to cook!

Turning on the Oven
I followed the recipe pretty closely but didn't use the whipping cream and added Mrs. Dash seasoning to the chicken.  The recipe had several steps but was easy to follow.  Step one, preheat the oven! This was groundbreaking as it was the first time I have turned on the stove since moving to this apartment.

I was excited to beat up the chicken.




The next step was preparing the chicken and the breading.  I enjoyed this, because I got to beat the chicken with a skillet! It was fun. The egg wash and the bread crumb mixture seemed to work well. I didn't quite have the dip in the egg wash and roll in the bread crumb motion down.  I am sure it can been done flawlessly, my experience was a little messy and spazzy.

 Within the final product tasting  I wasn't sure if the chicken had a breaded consistency.  It tasted good, I'm just not sure if it seemed breaded.  I will work on my dip and roll skills for next time.

After dipping and rolling the chicken I moved it to the skillet and it browned beautifully.  My little kitchen was a sauna but I was feeling good about my soon to be chicken dish.  The last step before baking was placing the chicken in the sauce and covering with mozzarella cheese.  I completed this and it was off to the stove.  

After twenty minutes, my chicken parmigiana was complete! It looked appetizing and it tasted great. I think this would be a great dish to serve at a dinner party or to impress a date.  Bon Appetit!!

The most challenging part was the dip in the egg wash and the roll in the bread crumbs.
Bubbling Cheese in the stove.

The most rewarding part was smashing the chicken with my frying pan.

Degree of difficulty 6, Execution 4
:) KB 

 

 It's not even burnt, Hurray!
 




The final product complete with green salad.

1 comment:

  1. Also you can use a smaller casserole dish so they nestle together a bit more.. but it looks good pictures good too.

    ReplyDelete