Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baking Butter Tarts

It's Thursday February 3 and I'm feeling sentimental.

 Spending time with my family this past weekend inspired me to try a treasured family recipe. My Maternal Grandmothers wonderful butter tarts.  An easy favorite!

I was thinking about Nanny today(my Maternal Grandmother) and remembered how important baking and entertaining was to her. It wasn't just a domestic chore it was her passion.  Her baking came from her heart. As I learn to master her recipes I feel as though a part of her is living on through me. 

Baking is a special art.  It's a story, a tradition, a form of love and learning that is passed down through the ages. It's a memory that is treasured through egg, flour, butter and brown sugar. Baking these family recipes reminds that both of my amazing Grandmothers are cheering me on from heaven. 
Three generations - Love Love Love

No comments:

Post a Comment